We hear that Greg Fischer has decided to hire a new director for Metro Animal Services.
The individual, rumored to be Beth Vesco-Mock, is currently director of a shelter in New Mexico. In 2011, a vet tech at her shelter killed a dog on television to send the message that intake at the shelter was too high. During that interview, she said that the shelter’s kill rate was 42.6%.
The kill rate at LMAS? Despite the bullshit 92% “save rate” — which is not a real thing? It was 29% in 2013.
Why on earth would Greg Fischer want to hire a director from a shelter with a kill rate higher than the current one? Is this what he’s resorted to now that the LMAS-KHS merger is kind of on the back burner, thanks to our exposure?
And don’t these appointments need to flow through Metro Council? For the integrity and importance of the position? It’s not like Fischer has any sort of solid track record on that front.
It’s a shame no one really has the guts on Metro Council to take Metro Animal Services seriously.
- Jim King certainly doesn’t.
- David Yates is an absolute hypocrite when it comes to LMAS. Remember when Marty Meyer lied to us about doing something?
- David James is too busy trying not to lose half his income, thanks to his fellow Democrats attempting to throw him under the bus.
- Attica Scott doesn’t even know LMAS exists.
- David Tandy wets himself at the idea of doing anything worthwhile.
- Tom Owen doesn’t touch that sort of thing.
- Tina Ward-Pugh, while solid on the economic front, is an abysmal failure when it comes to challenging power like this.
- Mary Woolridge doesn’t know what planet she’s on.
- Ken Fleming? Ha.
- Cheri Bryant Hamilton has no interest.
- Kevin Kramer, Rick Blackwell, Cindi Fowler, Marianne Butler and Vicki Aubrey Welch would have heart attacks if they had to really put in the effort on the LMAS front.
- Kelly Downard? He already takes it seriously but hits a brick wall every time he attempts to drive change.
- Brent Ackerson and Dan Johnson are about as useless as Jerry Abramson.
- The rest? We won’t even bother.
We’ve been covering this issue and getting horrible people fired for nearly a decade now and nothing has changed. It’s only gotten worse. If any of these people were worth their weight, they’d finally stand up and reform LMAS.
Just don’t hold your breath.…
We also hear Margaret Brosko will be heading to work in communications for Fischer’s office. Which… that won’t last long. You’ll love the stories about her to come in a few weeks. Get the popcorn ready.