Here’s some of her goodbye message as she departs for Denver:
For me, this experience defies explanation in the best possible way. The people of Louisville are simply the best. The. Best. Warmest, kindest, most open and caring community I’ve ever seen. I tell my friends who are incredulous that I live in Kentucky that Louisville is the most surprising city I’ve ever been in. So much to do, so many amazing restaurants, a strong sense of community, and caring and generosity of both spirit and funds. Being a part of the Crusade for Children has been wonderful. That very special event is and will always remain unique to Louisville, because Louisville doesn’t forget it’s past. I met someone when I was new to the area who had moved away after college and moved back years later, and he told me once you live here, you want to come back. It’s as if Louisville sings the song of a siren that follows you when you leave and pulls you back…happily.
I didn’t quite get it then, but I get it now.
Someone else will be hired to do this job. Please be kind and give them a chance! I would remind many of you that when I arrived, many were not happy. I was not Francene, would never be Francene, and you were not happy. I have the emails to prove this, lest you be in denial. But it worked out. You got used to me. I settled in. So I ask you to give the next host a chance. You will get used to them. They will settle in. You may even like them better! Seriously, it could happen. I hope it does, because I love this audience that much!
She’s right. Many of us didn’t like her when she got here, though we gave her several chances. And many of us are glad she’s leaving.
Why? Let’s take a stroll down racist lady memory lane:
- Just Who Is This Fancy New WHAS Radio Lady? [March 5, 2010]
- Thanks to Mandy Connell & 84WHAS [April 26, 2010]
- Thanks to Mandy Connell & 84WHAS [May 17, 2010]
- When Good People Say Horribly Stupid Things [August 5, 2010]
- Ruh Ro: Mandy Connell On The Tweetvestigation [August 11, 2010]
- Sorry, You Can’t Have Your Dead Chicken Statue [August 19, 2010]
- We Often Get Terrific, Racist Comments [September 3, 2010]
- Ugh, Mandy, Really? Why Do This? [November 1, 2010]
- Francene’s Common Sense Is Still Being Missed [November 29, 2011]
- It’s Major War On Christmas Pee Alert Time [November 14, 2012]
- Francene Cucinello Really Is Rolling In Her Grave [January 11, 2013]
- While Mandy Connell Peddles Racist B.S… [January 11, 2013]
- Mandy Connell’s “Apology” Just Aired On 84WHAS [January 15, 2013]
As you can see, we welcomed her initially. We defended her for a while. Then she continued to step in the crazy, the hateful, the ridiculous. The worst? She embraced racism, embraced her own anti-semitic comments (and continued to attack John Yarmuth after the whole snafu), played the victim all along.
We knew you were a hot mess when you first told the story about how you were defending your friend, Mark Foley, as he was admitting to that congressional page incident. Don’t let the door hit you on your purposefully ignorant, racist-baiting, anti-semitic ass, Mandy.