Remember that series we did on No Kill Louisville’s new leaders and… well… how jacked the whole shebang is? Misappropriation of funds, refusing to provide IRS-mandated documentation upon request, misleading the public and potential thievery. It’s a hot mess.
- No-Kill Louisville Now A Meaningless Money Pit [March 10]
- The No Kill Louisville Scandal(s) Begin To Unravel [March 11]
- Patterns Of Recklessness Begin To Emerge At NKL [March 12]
- NKL Hides IRS Docs, Makes False Claims [March 13]
- No Kill Louisville: Victim Of Terrible Leadership [March 14]
- Rehashing Why NKL Red Flags Have Been Raised [March 15]
- Day 189893825098: No Kill Louisville Still Stalling [March 17]
- NKL Still Obfuscating, Spreading Misinformation [March 31]
- More Of Same Nonsense From No Kill Louisville [April 15]
- Serious NKL Financial Mismanagement Discovered [April 22]
Well… they’ve gone through TWO treasurers since then. One of them was even a CPA (this means she can count and won’t fall for nonsense) and then hauled ass away from the organization. Another girl took over and she, too, jumped ship.
But remember this guy?
Turns out he, too, has finally seen through them:
Even their original defenders are jumping ship. Because the Ficklins are unable to back up any of their claims — claims that we’ve disproved with bank records and evidence provided by former board members and attorneys.
Nice to see people from the inside admitting that what went down was serious.
So much for the Ficklins’ claims that there was nothing to see, move along, puppies and rainbows.
Meanwhile, the Ficklins are back to swindling money from the public:
CLICK TO ENLARGE
And pretending to be responsible for helping the homeless feed their dogs (they’re not):
CLICK TO ENLARGE
Sadly, they just show up. It’s My Dog Eats First that actually does all the work, raises funds and helps the homeless. Neither No Kill Louisville nor the Ficklins are responsible.
There’s just a bunch of sitting around:
For a look at just how disconnected from animals these people are, have a look how Ficklin approaches a nervous dog — in a manner that would cause even the most friendly pet to react aggressively:
It’s a shame the public gets taken for a ride by shysters but it’s nice to see people like Ritchie Gypsy stand up for what’s right.
Slowly but surely, rescuers and rescue organizations are distancing themselves from NKL and that’s a trend that should continue.