Brown Forman was recently recognized as a climate leader:
Brown-Forman has been named to the Climate Performance Leadership Index (CPLI) for its approach to reducing carbon emissions and mitigating the risks of climate change. The company received a distinguished disclosure score of 93 and an “A” performance rating.
Brown-Forman also announced that it has signed the Ceres’ Climate Declaration, a business-backed effort to seize the economic opportunity of addressing climate change through stronger climate policies. Brown-Forman joins nearly 700 signatories, including General Motors, Owens Corning, Intel, Microsoft, VF Corp. and other leaders.
“We applaud Brown-Forman’s leadership in making the critical connection between its long-term success and the need to tackle climate change,” said Mindy Lubber, president of Ceres, which launched the Climate Declaration in the spring. “We are delighted that Brown-Forman is the first Kentucky-based major company to sign the Declaration and welcome others to join as well.”
The Ceres Coalition? It’s an interesting group, made up of members like:
- California Public Employees’ Retirement System
- California State Controller’s Office
- California State Teachers’ Retirement System
- California Stat Treasurer’s Office
- Calvert Asset Management Company, Inc.
- Center for a New American Dream
- Center for Political Accountability
- Christian Brothers Investment Services, Inc.
- Connecticut Office of the State Treasurer
- CWA/ITU Negotiated Pension Plan
- First Affirmative Financial Network, LLC
- Florida State Board of Administration
- Green Century Capital Management
- Harrington Investments, Inc.
- Illinois State Board of Investment
- IW Financial
- Maryland State Retirement and Pension System
- Maryland Treasurer’s Office
- Mercy Investment Services, Inc.
- Miller/Howard Investments, Inc.
- Mountain Association for Community Economic Development
- New York City Office of the Comptroller
- New York State Comptroller
- New York State Teachers’ Retirement System
- North Carolina Department of State Treasurer
- Portfolio 21 Investments
- Praxis Mutual Funds
- Rockefeller & Co.
- Sentinel Investments
- SJF Ventures
- Social Responsibility Investment Group
- SRI World Group, Inc.
- Tri-State Coalition for Responsible Investment
- Trillium Asset Management
- Vermont Office of the State Treasurer
- Walden Asset Management
- Winslow Management Company
Notice anything missing?
Once again, a business is light years ahead of nearly every agency in Louisville and Kentucky.