Why Martin McDonald Should Be Promptly Canned

October 5th, 2012 by jake · 7 Comments

You’ve read the stories.

Now look at the video, courtesy of a local newspaper:

Now you see why we were confident calling McDonald an asshole.

It should be noted that the attorney he’s showing his true colors to is one of the most highly regarded appellate lawyers in the country.

Tags: Bad Behavior · Judges

• 1 Nova China // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm

What is that judge overcompensating for? I mean, what is broken inside a persons mind to compel them seek authoritarian positions so they can bully people and believe they have every right to do it. Asshole? He’s what assholes throw up.

• 2 Gil // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Nothing good can come from attitudes like that.

Nothing good at all

• 3 G'town Reader // Oct 5, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Is he the judge that rides a motorcycle & hobnobs with the sheriff’s office?

• 4 Nova China // Oct 6, 2012 at 8:58 am

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was Constable David Whitlock’s master, er, I mean mentor. Sorry, I was visualizing him with a drawer full of dirty ball gags when I typed that.

• 5 jtt // Oct 6, 2012 at 1:19 pm

G-Town, yes, he is, he was a sheriff’s deputy a long time ago. Wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t even have a badge from Aubrey.

• 6 Skipper // Oct 8, 2012 at 10:52 am

Unfortunately, he’s not unique. Anyway, Jake you answered a question I had, which is how reputable is the attorney being chastised. Some lawyers can be pretty bad in their advocacy as well and there are occasions when you wish someone would rip into them and hold them accountable.

• 7 Debbie // Oct 9, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Judge McDonald is a very mean spirited crude man. He was outraged that anyone would defy him and appeal his ruling and win. You should see how he treats blacks and poor people, it is really sad to seee. I disagree with Skipper, he is unique to our courts in Jefferson. The other judges do not act like that. The rules of the Courts are clear and anyone watching this video can clearly see that this was personal with McDonald. He is a bully who has abused his position of power. He is retired so we can’t vote him out of office he has to be removed by the Chief Supreme Court Judge. I wouldn’t be surprised that in the same closet that he hangs his black judical robe he also hangs a white one from the Ku Klux Klan.