He’s got some ideas:
- Creation of a “Green Dream Team” commissioned to make sure District 8 stays and gets greener!
- Creation of a national marketing campaign to place District 8 on both the statewide and national “maps”!
- Creation of a District 8 Tree Advisory Board “TAB” similar to the Mayor’s Tree Advisory Board.
- Inventory taken of ALL trees in District 8 OVER 100 years of age (could explore 50 years & Above).
- Creation of a pedway over Baxter Avenue-so pedestrians will be encouraged to cross vs. Baxter Avenue for public safety.
- Creation of “Restaurant Row” along Baxter Avenue to integrate with current local bar scene.
- Creation of a boutique hotel-(locally owned and operated)-at site of Bardstown Rd. and Rosewood Ave. CALLED “The Rosewood” (former ballet building).
- Exploration of reopening a street-car line along Bardstown Road between Lexington Road & Taylorsville Roads called the “King Louie”.
- Creation of an annual “citizen’s visionary award” for coming up with an idea that is unique in scope to District 8.
- A total modernization and use of social media for the communications structure between District 8′s constituents and the Council office.
Which basically means he’s a confused Democrat.
And he’s got a YouTube video:
It’s always nice to see people who aren’t mouth-breathing teabaggers running for office. Especially when they realize that caring for their community doesn’t involve building a fast food restaurant on every corner. (No, bringing Costco to the East End isn’t the devil.) But we all know he’s losing to Tom Owen. There’s no sense in entertaining the possibility that he’ll win and we mean that in the nicest way possible.