Are your tax dollars being used for a private event featuring Greg Fischer?
Here’s the 2012 Leadership Louisville Luncheon featuring ” Mayor Kevin Johnson of Sacramento and Mayor Fischer’s 25-year plan.”
It’s $75 to get in or $1,200 for a table.
Now for the sponsors. LG&E/KU is the “Presenting sponsor” and these are the rest:
- Diamond sponsor: Baptist Healthcare System;
- Gold sponsors: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Brown-Forman Corporation, Norton Healthcare;
- VIP Reception sponsor: Stoll Keenon Ogden;
- Silver sponsors: Business First, Doe-Anderson, Fifth Third Bank, Tandem Public Relations, University of Louisville, and Wyatt Tarrant & Combs LLP;
- Bronze sponsors: Chase, D.D. Williamson & Co., Inc., Essential Details, Frost Brown Todd, Galt House, GE Appliances & Lighting, Jefferson County Public Schools, Lockheed Martin, Louisville Metro TV, MPI Printing, TARC and Underwired Magazine.
JCPS, Metro TV and TARC serving as sponsors. All three utilize tax dollars.
Regardless of how these three organizations are “sponsoring” the event? Tax dollars are directly or indirectly being used at a time when budgets are strapped and being cut left and right. And at a time when TARC is cutting service and raising rates.
There’s literally no excuse.