Woah, The Jokes Just Write Themselves

December 31st, 2011 by jake · 16 Comments

Happy Almost New Year!

The Greg Fischer jokes have seriously started writing themselves.

Check this out:

CLICK TO ENLARGE & READ THE COMMENTS

Even Jerry Abramson knows better than that.

Tags: Greg Fischer · Lexington · Oops · Sports · University of Kentucky · University of Louisville

• 1 jack // Dec 31, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Speechless right now. Wow!

• 2 Sunny_Disinfect // Dec 31, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Lighten up people. Metro has just as many Cats fans as Card fans; but perhaps a nice white shirt would have been a better choice.

• 3 Kelly // Dec 31, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I personally like his choice in colors. Tons of UK grads here in Louisville, myself included. More important things to worry about.

• 4 jake // Dec 31, 2011 at 5:43 pm

For a man who makes appearances everything, well, uh, appearance should have been everything for this game.

Who said it was important or worth worrying about? It’s just another misstep and a funny one that that.

• 5 oos // Jan 1, 2012 at 8:22 am

He still does not get that he is a PUBLIC figure now.

• 6 el bobbo // Jan 1, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Sorry, he should have worn red because the majority of jefferson county citizens are card fans. Bad decision on his part.

• 7 David Crowell // Jan 1, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Slightly amusing, but totally not important.

Other things Fischer does make my head meet my desk, but not this.

• 8 curtis morrison // Jan 1, 2012 at 11:56 pm

What was that BEAM thing about, again? I think I’ve missed something.

• 9 Cantinflas // Jan 2, 2012 at 8:27 am

I saw him, Greg Stumbo, and Gov. PawPaw all hobnobbing in the President’s Room at Rupp and I avoided them like the plague. I DID meet (and got my picture taken) with Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer, Sgt, USMC. An honor indeed. Aw shucks kinda guy, quiet. I asked him if he didn’t mind posing “with an old Coastie” like me and he said something to the effect of “I think I’ll survive it.” We both got a chuckle out of that…

• 10 Gordon // Jan 2, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Was that the shirt he wore when he created the ice machine?

• 11 Debbie // Jan 2, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I totally agree with OOS, he evidently does not see himself as a public figure representing the City of Louisville. It wasn’t about his personal preferences on a basketball team but rather representing on national television, Louisville, Kentucky. We can’t afford to miss these kind of opportunities to promote our city.

• 12 oos // Jan 2, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I think he is a nice guy that is in totally over his head.

• 13 Debbie // Jan 2, 2012 at 8:12 pm

OOS, I think you are right he is totally over his head if he does not get the importance of image. I know that he does have extremely smart and savvy people like Chris Poynter who should be advising him on what is considered proper protocal before the event. Like he should be driving a Ford, he should drink something made by Brown Forman, his appliance should be made by general electric, if he his with organized labor he drinks pepsi, has the bug on his cards etc. Common Sense stuff.

• 14 oos // Jan 2, 2012 at 8:18 pm

They were used to the consummate showman – he should not have to be told to wear red.

• 15 Jessica Reid // Jan 3, 2012 at 8:39 pm

hahahahaahahahahahHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!! What an idiot.

• 16 The Tim // Jan 4, 2012 at 1:33 pm

How many blue blazers does that man own?