What Metro Government officially says about the Louisville Metro Animal Services location at Manslick Road:
- Manslick has a capacity to hold 126 dogs in runs or stainless steel cages and 96 cats in stainless steel cages.
- The new Adoption Center Animal House has 16 puppy spaces and 20 dog rooms.
- Animal House has 16 cat condos and 2 free roam cat rooms to hold an estimated population of 44 cats.
- Animal House has the capacity to hold 44 cats and 56 dogs in a clean healthy environment.
- The current capacity for dogs is 182. The current capacity for cats is 140.
But there’s a problem.
Reality? There are probably 40 dog runs in Building 100 alone. Building 200 has them and there’s quarantine with another 40 or so cages and runs.
All of them can hold one to two dogs.
Meaning there’s a problem with what LMAS/Metro folks have to say.
We’re currently awaiting a response from Dee Allen about:
- Why data about rescues and transfers were not provided to No Kill Louisville – despite the information being readily available in the LMAS computer system called Chameleon
- Why there’s no electronic record (apparently) of vaccinations in the LMAS system
- Why individual invoices (wtf?) have to be pulled in order to determine how much medication and pet food purchased throughout the year
- Why the shelter’s policies aren’t available electronically
We’re not holding our breath about receiving honest answers.