On November 7, Greg Fischer gave this speech about making Louisville a more compassionate city.
Puppies and rainbows, right?
Yep, until you visit the Compassionate City website:
And read this:
Pursuing his goal of making Louisville an even more compassionate city, Mayor Greg Fischer has signed a resolution adopting the international “Charter for Compassion” – making Louisville the largest city behind Seattle to take this action. Louisville will also embark on a 10-year campaign for compassion which will be implemented by a new local group, the Partnership for a Compassionate Louisville. The Partnership will be co-chaired by Louisville attorney Tom Williams and Sadiqa Reynolds, Mayor Fischer’s chief of community building.
Mmmm hmmm. Putting Sadiqa Reynolds in charge of making Louisville compassionate.
“Compassion,” indeed. HAHAHA.
Let’s take a look at Sadiqa’s history of “compassion”…
- Fischer Administration Try To Silence LMAS Mess [January 20]
- LMAS Over-Compensating On At Least One Front [February 22]
- Some LMAS Folks Need To Be Immediately Fired [April 22]
- Metro Animal Services Is Still Out Of Control [April 25]
- Greg Fischer’s Had A Year To Do Something Big [April 29]
- Greg Fischer Announced LMAS Review Findings [May 12]
- OH MY GOD: Greg Fischer’s People Are Totally Lost [June 16]
- Greg Fischer: No-Kill Louisville Head Speaks Out [June 27]
- Director Of “Community Building” Part Of Problem? [July 25]
- Greg Fischer’s LMAS Inaction Tells Us Everything [July 26]
- The Metro Animal Services Madness Never Ends [August 5]
- An Area For Improvement At Metro Animal Services [August 9]
- Rant: Enough’s Enough At Metro Animal Services [August 17]
- LMAS White Wash Under Way, Upset Employees [October 6]
- Metro Animal Services Has Huge $500,000 Deficit [November 4]
- Questions For Greg Fischer & Sadiqa Reynolds [November 4]
- Remember The Woman Sadiqa Said Was Unfit? [November 7]
Absolutely hilarious that Greg put the woman who threatens Metro employees for telling the truth in charge of “compassion.” Even more hilarious is that this is the same woman who loves to trash and threaten ME for daring to shine a light on Metro Animal Services.
A few things are for certain: Greg is “compassionate” toward corrupt staffers until there’s an unbelievably embarrassing scandal, he’s “compassionate” when it comes to allowing the director of EMS to never show up for work and he’s even more “compassionate” about allowing the Parks director to drive his city-owned vehicle while drunk and on the taxpayer time… while getting to keep his job.
Being compassionate in Louisville does not include compassion for animals or Metro Animal Services employees. But does include a hot mess of hypocrisy.