Fischer Did As I Said On Food Trucks: Nothing

October 20th, 2011 by jake · 17 Comments

Okay, so he made things worse. That’s more than doing nothing.

You know how Greg Fischer promised to cut the silly red tape for food trucks to operate in Louisville?

And how I told you he’d do the opposite?

• Impossibility City: Why Is Louisville So Backwater? [April 21]
  • Still Nothing From Greg Or Council On Food Trucks [September 15]
  • Time To Go Support Your Local Food Truck Scene [October 6]

Yet you continued to chastise me and call me Negative Nancy? Despite, you know, him always doing the same damn thing?

Funny how that worked out.

Red tape hasn’t decreased – it’s increased more than tenfold. And it’s likely to put everyone out of business.

Greg Fischer ignorantly listened to his few wealthy restaurateur friends – not common sense. Metro Council has no balls. And this is where we are.

So, way to go, Louisville. You get what you pay for.

NOTE: We’ll have another story about this at noon. And at 2:00.

Tags: Dining · Greg Fischer · Oops · Possibility City

• 1 GtownReader // Oct 20, 2011 at 10:44 am

Last Sat. I stopped into the Germantown Shotgun Fest for 40-45 mins. late afternoon. The longest food line was at the Holy Mole food truck parked right outside the festival entrance.

• 2 jake // Oct 20, 2011 at 10:48 am

The same crap happens repeatedly with Greg Fischer. Says one thing, does another.

This was an instance where we had proof he was saying one thing and doing another and people STILL ignored what was really going on.

And here we are.

• 3 WTF? // Oct 20, 2011 at 11:53 am

Germantown Shotgun Fest? Really?

• 4 GtownReader // Oct 20, 2011 at 1:05 pm

“Shotgun” is also the common name for the predominant form of residential housing found in the Germantown area. A “signature style” worth celebrating!

• 5 Phil // Oct 20, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Many of the food trucks are clients of mine, and I was staying positive out of my desire for them to succeed and because I am typically a firm believer that having and maintaining a positive mental attitude is key to having good results….I am deeply saddened by this.

• 6 jake // Oct 20, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Wishing and hoping doesn’t work in politics.

You don’t get it if you don’t fight for it and call spades spades.

• 7 Phil // Oct 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm

You are very right with your advice. I am learning this as each day goes by. How do you fight something though that has already been decided by people you don’t know? It is like they make it impossible for anything to happen unless they want it to happen.

• 8 jake // Oct 20, 2011 at 2:02 pm

You have to stay one step ahead of them and call them out when they pull shit. It’s the only way.

And, when it comes to Greg, you have to expect him to lie to your face, sadly. He’s proved that since 2008.

I got suckered once when I decided to be nice/give him a second chance. But that lasted maybe two weeks.

• 9 Jessica Reid // Oct 20, 2011 at 2:37 pm

“You don’t get it if you don’t fight for it and call spades spades.”

Bravo!

“This attitude of refusing to discuss political and business issues because they’re negative or because they don’t make you feel happy has got to stop. The same goes for folks out there who refuse to write about what’s happening in this city because it isn’t positive or because they can’t say anything positive about them. It’s that sort of attitude that allowed this to happen.”

WELL SAID! I’ve run into this constantly with local rescue organizations regarding LMAS. No one wants to be the “bad guy” – it’s lame and those who refuse to stand up are to blame for what is happening and will happen over the coming months.

In regards to what I care about, the animal lives at LMAS – it saddens me that thousands more will likely die and it will have to published over and over until others finally see that I wasn’t just making things up or that I had some sort of agenda other than I wanted pets to stop being killed.

This is just another example of the lies Greg told so many – he and his representatives also looked me in the eye and said they believed in No Kill. I wish I’d learned before last November the truth of who this man really is….but I learned a hard and hurtful lessong earlier this year that I am definitely not as politically savvy as you, Jake. I truly thought others would say and do just as they said they’d say and do. I was wrong.

• 10 WTF? // Oct 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Thanks, GtownReader. My ignorance.

• 11 jtt // Oct 20, 2011 at 2:47 pm

My question is, the ordinance went through the usual council process, did no one notice? I went back and watched the committee hearing.

• 12 jake // Oct 20, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I noticed. Which is why I’m telling folks they get what they pay for.

• 13 jake // Oct 20, 2011 at 3:24 pm

And while I appreciate the kind words, it’s not so much political savvy in this instance. Just common sense and learning from mistakes.

• 14 oos // Oct 20, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I doubt he wrote the regs -he staffed it out to the idiots in ipl. And the had a field day coming up withs lots of regulation to give them more control.

• 15 Cavemouse // Oct 20, 2011 at 9:12 pm

New bumper sticker – Greg Fischer, one and DONE!!

• 16 jake // Oct 20, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Really? This is Louisville. He’ll be mayor for 30 years.

Luckily, none of us will live here by the time his kingdom falls apart. Not even the Browns will stay that long.

• 17 ace hat // Oct 21, 2011 at 9:51 am

I think the City asked Cordish to consult on the food trucks, and they didn’t want them downtown because they would compete with their operations, and since they OWN the City, the Metro Council has to do what they want.

What the “F”….how fucking lame is the Metro Council that they can’t see the value and effect & uniqueness these creative trucks bring to the community streets. How how Lame these arrogant ,dumb,idiot Council members can get away with being so antiquated , as the rest of the country’s progressive cities pass us by!
    These council people are supposed to figure out how to CREATE opportunity is the scope of business!.. They could change every RULE in the book to accommodate the Cordish Crooks with special licensing, zoning, FREE money to develop, operate,promote , special security rules allowing POLICE to work on the licensed premises,and when it’s obvious their plan is failing, they give them more money to piss away.The City ,Jim King, and all the Councilmen just spit in the faces of everone in this city with such an overreaching, unreasonable response to a Great Idea to help our City Thrive! They should all be VOTED OUT next election, and what’s needed is some,younger, intelligent, progressive , HONEST, Pro-Business people to take their place !
    These Food Truck operators are a lot of Local people that are creative ,hard workers, with quality products!!….AND they are affordable!….not a $20.00 lunch !….they are convient,quick, delicious, attractive, and offer a variety!
    Fisher must be taking Dumb-Dumb pills? and then selling what he can’t take to the Metro Council.
    This is the same old Bullshit where they over-complicate the process to make it so overwhelming and difficult that the people they are trying to beat down just give up and go away. They want to make it so expensive to overcome what it takes to be compliant, it becomes unproductive.
    So ask your self why they dropped their drawers for Jerry & Cordish…..but they wanna stick it up the “you know what” of some small operators …. I fuckin Hate this City and the bullshit way it operates with absolutely a discriminatory attitude & posture.
    I think all food trucks should go down and circle the Mayors office ,plug up traffic, and have a “Park IN”
    None of the food booths at the waterfront, light up Louisville,and other city events have the same hurdles. GO FIGURE….They should get a GOOD Atty, and sue the pricks!