Kids? Red Bull? School Buses? Voting? Hilarious

September 29th, 2011 by jake · 8 Comments

Everyone is freaking out over this anti-Steve Beshear ad that uses neighborhood schools as a scare tactic:

Sure, it’s extreme but it resonates with a ton of Louisville voters with kids in Jefferson County Public Schools.

It’s just too little, too late and a serious waste of money.

Tags: Education · Election · JCPS · Politics · Video

• 1 GtownReader // Sep 29, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Are there any statistics on how many kids wet their pants on the long JCPS bus rides? Or whether any busses have to make pit stops?

• 2 The Highlander // Sep 29, 2011 at 5:10 pm

If Goobernator continues avoiding the debates, and Williams can get enough $$, ads like this will eat into Goober and Happy Pants like the yard man thirsts for a glass of water in a Louisville summer (like late August).

Elections never get ‘serious’ until October 15th, anyway.

• 3 jtt // Sep 29, 2011 at 5:58 pm

They don’t make pit stops, but I’ve wondered, do they have access to bathrooms at the bus compounds where they switch busses? That’s how they get around the -no child is on a bus more than an hour thing – they switch busses – so in total they may be on the bus for 1 1/2, but it only counts as 2 45 minute rides.

• 4 The Highlander // Sep 29, 2011 at 8:20 pm

jtt: The whole thing’s a fraud — so the children are growing up to understand how Louisville and its ‘systems’ operate — primarily fraudulently. (How ’bout that ‘local athletic club’s’ latest deal the Shannessey has uncovered!!!!!! If they put criminals from UofL in jail, we’d need a new jail a lot sooner than the Metro Task Force (led by Arm’weak’ and Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms

• 5 Holly Noel // Sep 29, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Well, I love it! It caught my attention and was well done. It served its’ purpose.

• 6 Ed Marksberry // Sep 30, 2011 at 8:09 am

Great ad, I can’t stop laughing, I love the kid who slaps his face to stay awake, it reminded me of the time I debated Brett Guthrie on KET and kept waiting for Brett to shut up!

• 7 Cantinflas // Sep 30, 2011 at 11:15 am

I honestly don’t see how Gov Pawpaw is gonna lose with commercials like this (or the one with the Pawpaw look-alike studying the Obama playbook.) Williams’ desperation is showing. It’s Pawpaw’s race to lose, really. No wonder he doesn’t have to show up anywhere or do anything.

• 8 jake // Sep 30, 2011 at 11:21 am

Papaw = Beshear.

Pawpaw = a fruit.

And he’s not going to lose.