Local TeeVee News Rumor Round-Up Time

January 24th, 2011 by jake · 12 Comments

Here are the latest teevee news rumors floating about. Take them with a grain of salt:

• Marc Weinberg will allegedly move from Fox in the Morning to the evening FOX41 program
  • Paul Emmick of 41 will be let go (hope not)
  • Jude Redfield of WTHR in Indy will move to Fox in the Morning
  • And a lady from one of the Indy stations is interviewing for Jamie Martin’s job at WHAS, as he is allegedly moving to South Bend.

See? Rumors can be fun, kids.

Especially when they have absolutely nothing to do with Metro Animal Services.

Tags: Rumors · TV · WDRB · Weather · WHAS

• 1 Jeff // Jan 24, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Hope the rumor about Paul Emmick isn’t true. I grew up watching him when he was with a station in Evansville.

• 2 fishfry // Jan 24, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Paul Emmick is my favorite local weather person. He never hypes up the weather, just tells as it is, I’d be sad to see him leave. Who the hell wants to see Weinberg at night???

• 3 It is I // Jan 24, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Ditto Fishfry–love that guy. Simple, no drama forecast.

• 4 402kid // Jan 25, 2011 at 8:33 am

Paul Emmick is far and above the rest of the weather guessers. Weinberg is should get a job on a monkey grinder box.

• 5 How the landscape changes // Jan 25, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Take out “allegedly” on the first two rumors. Done deal.
    Don’t know about the last two rumors. Shame. Emmick is a great guy. He will be missed.

• 6 jake // Jan 25, 2011 at 4:06 pm

In case folks haven’t noticed by now, when I run these things as rumors they’re pretty much already set in stone.

I just wish some of them weren’t true, like with Emmick.

• 7 How the landscape changes // Jan 25, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Thanks, Jake. All the more reason why I read your website daily. You do more digging than most of the reporters I used to work with.

• 8 Jamie Martin // Jan 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Hi Jake! I can confirm my departure from WHAS to ABC57 in South Bend as Chief Meteorologist. Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner! I have always enjoyed the Ville Voice and wanted to say thank you for all the news and laughs! I have loved being in Louisville and will miss everyone! BTW, we have had 53 inches of snow so far this month. Now that is snow!

• 9 Caesar // Jan 26, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Colossal mistake on Fox41′s part.

• 10 Kevin_Thompson // Jan 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I’m just glad the game was on on Sunday night after Shabbat .

• 11 Jill Stires // May 31, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Miss seeing Jude here in Indy!

• 12 Anthony // Jun 1, 2011 at 8:38 am

I think FOX-41 made a mistake letting Paul Emmick go, does anyone know where he will be going to???? Please let us know…..