I often promote Kentucky State Parks events on Page One, so why not Metro Parks stuff?
Metro Parks Community Centers are hosting tons of Halloween activities that are great for your entire family. Many of my friends and colleagues are constantly looking for cheap or free Halloween events and I was surprised to find so many.
Here’s a rundown:
- Baxter Community Center – 1125 Cedar Court. Thursday, Oct. 28, 6-8 p.m. Halloween Party, sponsored by Beecher Terrace Community Council. Snacks, games and Halloween-related prizes. Free. 574-2670
- Beechmont Community Center - 205 West Wellington Avenue. Saturday, Oct. 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m. “Haunted Halls Of Beechmont.” Snacks, games, and a haunted tour of the community center. $2. 361-5484
- California Community Center - 1600 W. St. Catherine Street. Thursday, October 28, 6-8 p.m. “Costume Party.” Costume contest, trick or treat, games and more. 574-2658
- Douglass Community Center – 2305 Douglass Boulevard. Wednesday, Oct. 27, 5:30-7:30 p.m. “Trunk Or Treat,” trick-or-treating. Free. 456-8120
- Douglass Community Center - 2305 Douglass Boulevard. Thursday, Oct. 28, 5:30-7:30 p.m. “A Haunted House.” Games, scary tours of the Community Center, and snacks. $5. 456-8120
- Dumeyer Community Center - 1644 Squire Drive. Friday, Oct. 29, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Halloween Party. Carnival games, video games, festive music, and snacks. Free. 366-9206
- Newburg Community Center - 4810 Exeter Avenue, Thursday, Oct. 28, 6-8 p.m. “The Haunted Hallway.” Candy, music and games. Free. 456-8122
- Parkhill Community Center – 1703 South 13th Street. Thursday, Oct. 28, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Halloween Party. Games, a coloring contest, treats and more. Free. 637-3044
- Southwick Community Center - 3621 Southern Avenue. Friday, Oct. 29, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Halloween Party, sponsored by District 1 Councilwoman Judy Green. Snacks, games, music, and a coloring contest. Free. 775-6598
- Sun Valley Community Center – 6505 Bethany Lane, Friday, Oct. 29, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Halloween Party. Snacks, games, trick-or-treating and a bounce-house! Entry fee: a bag of wrapped candy per child. 937-8802
I included telephone numbers in case you have questions. Or visit their website for more details.