Mayoral candidate Hal Heiner’s campaign today announced a website focused on Louisville neighborhoods.
Here’s an example:
What kind of ideas does Heiner have to share about Butchertown?
- Keep the Operation Brightside program
- Create liaison between metro government and neighborhoods / small businesses so there can be a more direct way to communicate with the Mayor’s office.
- Government needs to act as the facilitator, not gatekeeper, which would allow a greater role for small communities like Butchertown to have an impact on its own future.
- Turn Mellwood Avenue into a 2-way street.
- Improve Metro Call because it’s a great way for citizens to reach out to government.
- Small city police should be able to work with metro police to save time and money.
- Help re-locate Swift.
- Don’t kill Butchertown property values by expanding Spaghetti Junction.
I think this effort is pretty slick. Thoughts?
It’ll be interesting to see how Greg Fischer follows suit.