Mayoral Campaign Media Buys Hit This Week

August 23rd, 2010 by jake · 6 Comments

I hear through the grapevine that Hal Heiner’s media buy begin begins this week. His ads will start airing on Wednesday.

And, naturally, since he’s playing follow the leader, Greg Fischer’s first ad of the general election will also air on Wednesday.

Fischer’s ads won’t be anything surprising. Because he advertised his filming schedule on Facebook and Twitter over the past several weeks. So expect to see lots of SHPS, South End neighborhoods and school board stuff in the coming couple months.

UPDATE… Here’s Heiner’s ad, a repeat of his bio piece from the primary:

And here’s Greg Fischer’s spot, featuring a South End neighborhood, police officers (since the Fraternal Order of Police endorsed Heiner) and the arena:

Hope he’s not using actual LMPD officers to promote his candidacy.

Tags: Greg Fischer · LMPD · Mayor's Race 2010 · Republican Party · Rumors · South End · TV

• 1 Earl // Aug 23, 2010 at 5:13 pm

They weren’t LMPD. Maybe they’re from Providence.

• 2 rico // Aug 23, 2010 at 5:39 pm

He wants to grow regional job centers like Riverport!!!!

I’m surprised he did not mention Commerce Crossings…….

• 3 The Highlander // Aug 23, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Hey George’s son: How are we going to institute ‘…quality after school programs….” in our schools when they’re almost all in a bus going home and don’t get there until between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. (AT BEST). Man, this ad seems to be another Harvey Sloane ‘thingie.’ Everybody’s goin’ to be all happy that they’ll be pissing themselves with glee.

• 4 Steve Magruder // Aug 23, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Fischer would do well to do what Heiner is doing: Introducing himself so that voters can pin down where he’s coming from.

Heiner just comes across a lot more grounded, while Fischer’s ideas seem stilted and stale.

• 5 Earl // Aug 24, 2010 at 8:10 am

Well, I guess they could ‘partner’ with Tumble Bus. Think ‘synergy’. It’s a whole new paradigm. I’m thinking outside of the box here. We’re going intermodal! Talk about empowerment!

(please excuse me while I consult Chris Poynter and Dilbert’s pointy-haired boss before completing my post.)

• 6 The Highlander // Aug 24, 2010 at 11:00 am

Earl: You’re excused. We will all just patiently await your return after consultation with Chris Poynter. I’m quite sure that following a consultation with such a powerful brain trust your thought processes will be immeasurably valuable – as they have been for George’s son.