Greg Fischer says on the campaign stump that he was one of Inc. Magazine’s entrepreneurs of the year in 1990. In fact, he says it all over the place. Every chance he gets.
Like at this forum:
Says the same on his campaign website:
On his Dant Clayton profile:
On his Iceberg Ventures profile:
CLICK FOR ORIGINAL SCREENSHOT
And on Facebook/in campaign press releases:
The actual Entrepreneur of the Year in 1990:
ROBERT LEVINE, HEAD OF CABLETRON SYSTEMS
The call number for that issue of Inc. is HD 2346.45 155 in Ekstrom Library at the University of Louisville, if you’re interested in viewing it for yourself.
I gave Greg a cache of data prior to his entry in the mayoral race that he said he’d take seriously and would address with me. It contained every research book and piece of data his opponents had collected on him over the years. So before anyone suggests I’m being unfair, think again. I bridged this issue a year ago. I told him then I would be bringing it up. And I’ve given his campaign more than 24 hours to respond.
This disappoints me. I am embarrassed. I apologize to you, the reader, for believing Fischer was a great candidate when he first got into this race. I am admitting I was wrong. You don’t have to like me or stand with me, but it was my fault for being misled.
If you need to take a trip down the Greg Fischer memory hole just for this campaign (excluding 2008):
- They Can’t Take Campaign Finance Seriously [January 13, 2010]
- Who’s The Union-Busting Candidate? [January 20, 2010]
- Fischer Union-Busting Ties Going Deeper [January 21, 2010]
- More Republican Union Busters for Fischer [February 4, 2010]
- Dear Greg Fischer: Doing This Again? [March 1, 2010]
- It Would Pay To Stay On Message, Greg [March 15, 2010]
- Greg Fischer Flip-Flops With First TV Spot [March 30, 2010]
- Another Fancy Greg Fischer Flashback [April 12, 2010]
Peep some stuff from 2008 after the jump…
- Greg Fischer: Indiana Businessman [March 12, 2008]
- The Fischer Hypocrisy is Getting Ripe [May 1, 2008]
- Oh Snap Monday! Election is Soon Edition. [May 5, 2008]
- Early Evening Tidbits & Junk [May 6, 2008]
- Fischer’s Open Book: Yet Another Chapter [May 08, 2008]
Then there’s this from 2009:
- Beautiful Friday of Fancy Extortion & Such [April 24, 2009] – here’s the text:
Remember when Greg Fischer filmed a campaign ad at a company he moved from Kentucky to Indiana? Marcus Green’s story in the Courier today focuses on MedVenture as a prime example of businesses leaving downtown Louisville. [C-J]