Democrat Glenda Bradshaw will file to run for Jefferson County Attorney today at 3:00 P.M. Bradshaw, a decorated prosecutor and former director of the Criminal Division for the County Attorney’s Office, is expected to draw a large crowd of support (from those I’ve spoken to – tons of prominent locals).
“After much encouragement and wide-spread support from community, business, legal, and civic leaders, I am pleased to announce that I will answer the call to service by filing to run for the Democratic nomination for County Attorney.” announced Bradshaw.
- Graduate of UofL’s Brandeis School of Law
- First worked as a prosecutor and then in the Office of the General Counsel for the Corrections Cabinet
- Became a prosecutor in the Commonwealth Attorney’s office in 1988, later became division chief of the major offense unit, narcotics unit and domestic violence unit
- Joined County Attorney’s office in 1993 working as an Assistant County Attorney. She was later promoted to Division Chief of the Domestic Violence Unit
- Left retirement in 2001 to serve as director of the Criminal Division