Jtown Releases New Branding & Park Name

January 20th, 2010 by jake · 8 Comments

Jeffersontown has just unveiled its new logo:

The former Bluegrass Industrial Park will now be called Bluegrass Commerce Park.

Tags: Branding · Business · Jeffersontown

• 1 Jmz // Jan 20, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Mediocrity wins again.

• 2 jake // Jan 20, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hey! At least somebody is getting something new.

Kentucky sure can’t get anything new. Not a new governor, not a new tax structure, not a new legislator. And at this point I’d settle for just a few piles of dog poop to run the state.

• 3 Mark H (Not Hebert) // Jan 20, 2010 at 12:51 pm

The smiley face sun state license plate was new….

I just can’t believe that I have to suffer through yet another Mike Sodrel v. Baron Hill race. If Ann Northrop decides to jump into the the Yarmuth race, I’m going to slit my wrists.

It’s like the movie Groundhog Day, without the pleasure of getting to hang out with Andie MacDowell all day.

• 4 Willie Lumis // Jan 20, 2010 at 1:24 pm

$70,000 for a new name and logo. That’ll really bring in the business. I’d expect Commerce Park to be at 95% capacity within the next 12 months thanks to this change.

• 5 Steve Magruder (I, not D or R) // Jan 20, 2010 at 2:18 pm

If they cropped off the abysmal slogan, it would be all right.

• 6 Mark H (Not Hebert) // Jan 20, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Then it would have still cost $20,000 Steve. You just don’t appreciate the value here.

The money spent on the logo would have been wasted without the money spent on the slogan to close the deal.

• 7 G-townReader // Jan 20, 2010 at 4:09 pm

My second choice came out first – go figure.

At least a few years back that “commerce” component, wisely annexed by J-town in the nick of time, appreciably held down property taxes for the residents of the “community” component.

“Unbridled Spirit” is the only positive contribution to come out of Frankfort for many years.

• 8 Roger // Jan 21, 2010 at 8:14 am

To me this says: “We’re a vibrant, cutting-edge, forward-looking, cliche-spewing group that doesn’t mind spending tremendous amounts of money for a bit of clip-art that’s too wide for the name we had slapped on it.”

They should have asked some kid with a copy of Paint Shop Pro for ideas.