The group has just announced the selection of 45 films to be screened. Judging them based on promotional posters and descriptions (because judging a book by it’s cover always makes sense, right?), everything appears to be rather exciting this year.
They come from more than a dozen countries and include six films from right here in Kentucky.
The Six Films from Kentucky:
- Alphonso Bow, directed by Lije Sarki, written by M Sarki (Louisville film)
February 20th @ 12:30 P.M.
- Hip Hop: Dead or Alive, directed by Stephon Barbour (Louisville film)
February 20th @ 8:00 P.M.
- Blue King, directed by David & Kevin Flores (Louisville film)
February 20th @ 10:00 P.M.
- Cannonball, directed by Scott Stafford
February 21st @ 1:30 P.M.
- Sam Steel & the Junior Detective Agency, directed by Tom Whitus (Louisville film)
February 21st @ 3:30 P.M.
- In Mysterious Ways, directed by Vin Morreale Jr (Louisville film)
February 21st @ 6:00 P.M.
Tickets are on sale now. Individual screens are $6 and a full festival pass is $40.
See the full list of film selections after the jump…
- Alphonso Bow – California
- Blue King – Kentucky (World Premiere)
- Cannonball – Kentucky (World Premiere)
- Dark Target – Ohio (World Premiere)
- Deadland – California
- In Mysterious Ways – Kentucky (World Premiere)
- Lament to Roswell – New Mexico
- My Bloody Wedding – Indiana (World Premiere)
- Sam Steele and the Junior Detective Agency – Indiana
- Cracking the Egg: The Untold Story of The Nigh Crawlers – California
- Hip Hop: Dead or Alive – Kentucky
- Lost Bones – In search of Sitting Bulls Grave – Canada (US Premiere)
- Speakers Corner: You Have the Right To Remain Vocal – California
- Winnipeg Burlesque – Canada (US Premiere)
US Short Films
- Clones Gone Wild – California
- Don’t Wake The Baby – Tennessee (World Premiere)
- Down A Dark Road – California
- Fakers – Georgia (World Premiere)
- Greener – Tennessee
- Hellcat & Tala – Illinois
- I Will Hurt You – Georgia
- Keep The Change – Georgia (World Premiere)
- Momma Would Be Proud – Maryland
- My Deer Friend – Georgia (World Premiere)
- Nathan & Nordrich – Oregon
- Ogles With Goggles – California
- This Is Who We Are – California (World Premiere)
- True Beauty This Night – California
- The Last Legend – Maryland
- The Lorax – Georgia (World Premiere)
- The Way We Weren’t – California
International Short Films
- A Polish Winter – Ireland
- Babylon 2084 – Germany (US Premiere)
- Blind – UK (US Premiere)
- Dead Man Coughing – Poland (US Premiere)
- House Guest – UK
- Julie, Julie – England
- Misery S. – France
- Nemesis – Norway
- Pattaya Is A Paradise – Italy (US Premiere)
- The Cat Keeper – Spain
- The Long Hard Goodbye – UK (World Premiere)
- Under My Garden – Italy
- When It Will Be Silent (US Premiere)