A complaint has been filed with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance against those responsible for the Libraries Yes! tax proposal in Louisville:
- Craig Buthod, Director, Louisville Free Public Library
- Mary Griffith, Chair, Louisville Free Public Library Foundation, Inc.
- Louisville Free Public Library Foundation, Inc.
- Libraries Yes!, PIC
The complaint, filed by general counsel of the anti-tax side, alleges four serious violations of Kentucky finance law/KRS 121 including:
- printing and distribution of yard signs without required disclaimers
- distribution of advocacy materials without proper disclaimers,
- use of government employees for campaign purposes on business time
- mailing materials which directly circumvent campaign finance reporting requirements as independent expenditures.
Click here for a copy of the complaint filed with KREF.
Sources tell us that Ernie Fletcher is expected to make a statement in opposition to the Library campaign. Sen. Dan Seum (R-Louisville) is also expected to introduce legislation further closing loopholes allowing government employees to work on campaigns during “company” time.
Developing. More to come.